Re: Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

On 11/08/2012 09:26 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On 8 November 2012 13:02, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/08/2012 07:56 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
or do you have any other installer you can point to that behaves like
this?

Pointing out how the installer currently works does not change my opinion
on the fact that if an installer ( any installer ) cannot run on his own
bits isolated from the package set he is about install is a design flaw and
is something that should be corrected ( from my pov ).

Your pov is flawed.  Not the design which does apply to all the mainstream
Linux distribution installers and not just Anaconda.    Really,  you
shouldn't be even arguing about this at all.

If my pov is flawed then why do you not enlighten me and explain to me what
causes the dependency in the installer environment with the release and why
these have to be tied together?
I have tried 3 times. It is clear that my ability to do so is
incapable of reaching you. I am sorry, but I have done my best.. and
now I am done.

Given the obvious fact that you cannot even realize that this was not directed at you but Rahul it's no wonder you cant and there is no need for you to do so since David Lehman is managing to do that just fine...