Re: Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

On 11/08/2012 03:58 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
I completely agree!  Which is why we were getting early test builds done
during the F-17 cycle and working to get people testing the installer then.
The main problem is that no one_wants_  to test the installer.  It's a
utility.  A necessary step to getting Fedora on your system.  Testing it
isn't sexy to a lot of people.  We can't force people to test it, we can
only make it available and ask for help.

And to those early testers who have helped and provide useful feedback,
thank you!

Testing is also extremely time consuming since the actual install time takes so long. ( ca 1 hour if doing manual install on a physical hw ).

So I say the faster you can install the more testing you expose to the installer...

JBG