Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

On 10/31/2012 03:33 PM, drago01 wrote:

That's nonsense see the other mail. Would it be more work to maintain
two branches? Sure. Impossible? *NO*. Even if it delays newui to F20
so be it.
If we don't have the resources to do something we should not pretend
that we have (we are currently seeing where this leads to).

I agree with that. It is clear that a lot of features have been part of that single feature proposal (new ui, new upgrade tool, no lvm by default etc) and we just didn't have enough time to do it all within this cycle. Either the feature should have been pushed back to another release or two or more resources have should have been provided to the Anaconda team for this ambitious goal or the release should have been extended *deliberately* ahead of time. No LVM by default also seems to have raised some questions around communication with the storage team.

I must note however that I am very much in favour of the new UI and any criticism directed towards the process doesn't change that at all. The end result of this is that Fedora is suffering through several unexpected and unprecedented release delays.

Rahul