Re: Fedora Infrastructure announces status.fedoraproject.org

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:13:04 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2012-08-31 12:32, John.Florian@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> From: Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>
> >> I'd prefer to avoid a list... how about:
> >  >
> >  > "This site provides status only for services managed directly by
> > Fedora
> >  > Infrastructure"
> >
> > That's short and simple and drives the point home clear enough, I
> > think.
>
> I preferred the list. The thing is, you can't assume everyone knows
> what is and isn't managed by Infrastructure. This would just change
> the question from 'why isn't Bugzilla listed?' to 'why isn't Bugzilla
> listed? isn't it maintained by infrastructure?'

Then someone will ask about fedoraforum.

Then someone will ask about fedora.ru

Then someone will ask about the google+ fedora page...

Then someone will ask about their Fedora mirrors...

etc. The list could grow as long as the internet. ;)

How about:

This site is for the status of Fedora Infrastructure services. If you
don't see a service here, it's not something we manage or provide
status on. Contact that service for status information.

kevin