Re: Mass changes to packaging

Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Wed, 22.08.12 09:25, Kevin Fenzi (kevin@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>> I'll add a me too here.
>>
>> Any word on if the macros can/will be back-ported to f16/f17?

> The preset logic is actually already available in F17, so we could
> theoretically backport that, but this would mean we'd also have to
> create and maintain a preset policy file for F17, and that's the bit I
> am not sure i'd like to do.

> Without the preset policy the macros would only turn things off after
> installation, never on.

What I would want to see in F16/F17 is macros that exactly duplicate the
previously-standard snippets they are supposed to replace.  Nobody is
suggesting that the preset stuff ought to go into the released branches;
only that we don't want to have to maintain different specfile versions
for the different branches.  And if these things are macros, we should
not have to.

			regards, tom lane