Re: Set bash's shell option nullglob by default?

Roman Rakus wrote:
> By default, the nullglob is turned off. And it tends people to use bad
> habits in shell scripting.

What habits exactly, and why are those habits bad?

> In my POV the nullglob could be turned on by default. However, i would
> like to hear opinions from others.

Changing a programming language under the programmers' feet it almost never a
good idea. Shall I start setting all Bash options explicitly in every single
shell script just so that I'll know how the language works even if someone
changes the defaults on me?

Björn Persson