Re: *countable infinities only

Once upon a time, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> When I create a fork, respin, or remix of Fedora and distribute it to
> people it will not run for them like Fedora does without a level of
> fiddling which the people advocating this have made clear is entirely
> unacceptable.

As I understand how this works, respins/remixes of Fedora that use the
Fedora boot loader shim, Fedora grub, and Fedora kernel will still be
signed and work with Secure Boot enabled.

I don't like Secure Boot being forced upon us, but we don't have any
real choice in the matter; vendors _are_ going to implement it.  Fedora
certainly doesn't have sufficient market share to get everybody to
include their key (which would still block derived works that change the
boot shim/loader and kernel).  I'd like to see Fedora as available as
possible, and "as possible" means (to me) booting with Secure Boot
enabled.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>