Re: *countable infinities only

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I replied elsewhere in the thread, but I believe KK is significantly
> underestimating things here. There are indeed only a few system firmware
> vendors, who write the firmwares for just about all PCs under contract
> from the manufacturers, but the manufacturers usually insist on having,
> and exercising, the power to customize the interface.

It's true that different boxes have different firmware interfaces, but
I'm not sure this is an insurmountable barrier. There's already
several different Fn-key combinations and methods out there to change
a computer's boot order, and you usually have to do that in order to
install Linux today.

- Ken