Re: *countable infinities only

> Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> > The point I'm trying to make is the default setting might actually be
> > the most important thing that matters when it comes to new users that
> > want to install Fedora.
> >
> > - "You need to disable SecureBoot in the BIOS settings in order to
> > install Fedora"
> > - "BIOS settings? What's that? Oh a blueish DOS-like command-line thing?
> > Freaky.
>
> We just need to provide a step-by-step guide for fixing your firmware
> settings.
>
> > Disable SecureBoot? Why on earth would I want to make my system less
> > secure? *screw this Linux thing*"
>
> We just need to link to the FSF's explanation of what "Secure" Boot is
> really about, and/or write up our own.

How do you think somebody ignorant of the politics behind Free Software
would trust the FSF (or Fedora) more than the hardware vendor (or
Microsoft)?

This IMO is not at all a documentation problem; writing extensive
documentation nobody will read is not going to make the problem I
outlined in my previous mail disappear, and could actually look to an
outsider very much like a bad excuse for our OS not working/being
broken.

Cosimo