Re: RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 12:59 -0700, Brendan Conoboy wrote:

> It's not about anaconda specifically, it's about having a standard
> installer experience across all PAs to the extent technically sensible.
>   Maybe something else will supplant anaconda in time.

FWIW, in writing the QA release criteria, we used the generic term 'the
installer' rather than the specific 'anaconda' to avoid this kind of
ambiguity. In general I tend to prefer the use of generic terms in this
kind of policy document for exactly this reason - to acknowledge and
protect against the possibility of the currently-favoured implementation
of any particular thing changing in future.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey