Re: RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

On 3/20/12 11:18 AM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:

We're starting now, that's what the secondary architecture is for.
There's
no need for ARM to be a primary architecture for Fedora to be "ready" for
it.

No, Fedora ARM started years ago.  There comes a point where a secondary
cannot continue to grow.  To become more than it is, it needs the
support and interest of the main Fedora community.  We are reaching that
point.  That is why we are having this discussion.

Honestly I've yet to see a succinct list of reasons why secondary arch is no longer good enough for the ARM effort, for at least the next few releases. I may have missed it in the flurry of emails and debate, anybody care to recap it for clarity?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!