Re: Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

On 03/02/2012 07:54 PM, drago01 wrote:
I understand that this is frustrating to you but your solution is just
wrong IMO.
We don't have infinite resources so throwing people out just because
they did not respond withing a week is a bad joke. The better fix here
is ... you want to do the change file a bug wait for $x amount of time
... no response ->  go ahead an commit.

The week was just a sample time and it would be week + the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy process time with an confirmation required from FESCO as the policy dictates.

Some people seem to be confusing this like this would instantly take effect which is not the case here.

We are just talking about automating the "NonResponsiveMaintainers policy" as is so instead of an reporter to manually perform these steps ( which they can perform at any time now btw ) those steps would be automated...

JBG