Re: "master" branch still invokes build in f17-candidate??

On 2/28/12 8:47 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
I was looking for a way to determine the behavior of the master
>>  branch (for the sake of dist values) without hitting the network, as
>>  that would break git's ability to work offline.  The best I could
>>  come up with at the time this code was written was to check and see
>>  what other branches existed, and just increment the biggest one by
>>  one.  I welcome suggestions for better ways to manage this.
>
>  Didn't RHEL-CVS use a file in the local directory called 'branch'(?)
I believe Fedora-CVS had the same.  Except it needed to be updated at branch
time, and fetched from the server across all checkouts.  Makefile.common is
what hid all that and nobody noticed because you had to be on the network to
do anything with CVS anyway.

Doing the same in git would still require a 'git pull' to get the updated file.

Yep. Stale information in the branch file was one of the things I wanted to solve. Of course, I don't think I can solve it completely without requiring a network action, unless we move away from using master for rawhide and instead always have a specific branch for each release.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!