Re: "master" branch still invokes build in f17-candidate??

On 2/27/12 8:37 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Orion Poplawski<orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:
On 02/27/2012 09:09 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
WTF?  Do I need to fix this, and if so how?

git pull
(to bring in the f17 branch and mark devel as f18)

Hmm, that package indeed hadn't had f17 git pull'd yet.  (I had scripted
a git pull in all my package directories after the branch, but I think
that it failed in this one due to uncommitted changes.)

So you're saying that fedpkg's behavior depends on the existence of
other, un-checked-out, branches in my local repo?  This seems a
tad ... unreliable.  Not to say surprising.

			regards, tom lane

I was looking for a way to determine the behavior of the master branch (for the sake of dist values) without hitting the network, as that would break git's ability to work offline. The best I could come up with at the time this code was written was to check and see what other branches existed, and just increment the biggest one by one. I welcome suggestions for better ways to manage this.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!