Re: new hardware, more problems

On 01/25/2012 03:56 AM, Ric Wheeler wrote:

One thing that drove me nuts with my thinkpad was its trusted computing
module. The TCM driver polls (sometimes for minutes) which looks like a
hang until you go into the BIOS and configure it to hide the part
completely.

Turning it off made it much more reliable,

Ric

Hey!

Thanks for all the feedbacks. The 'new' problems are happening on the new hardware (a desktop computer with AMD CPU). The Thinkpad is currently resting and will go for repairs (I suspect something else has broke, not the fan, which makes it stop at around 90°C - been monitoring temps).

Except for the heat I had very little problems with the T60, which is not the case with the new hardware - which is why I was very surprised. It could be that it's either 'exotic' or very new, and either way less tested. I'll try to spend a bit of time on clearing out of all the issues in the coming weeks.

thanks

fred