Re: new hardware, more problems

On 01/24/2012 06:16 PM, Greg wrote:
On 24/01/2012 5:11 PM, Frederic Muller wrote:
Hi!

Some may remember I was struggling with my old (but faithful) T60 and
rawhide because of poor performance and increased heat. I have
therefore upgraded my hardware (more CPUs, more RAM) and have hit a
lot of new annoying to critical bugs with rawhide. Not sure what was
the culprit I tried F16 and experienced the same plague (missing
icons, ACPI making the machine hang, screensaver locks-up, etc,).

So I'd like to know whether it's better to run F16 or rawhide/F17 to
report and try to address those bugs?

Thanks.

Fred
did you try Disabling ACPI ?

I had to (BIOS disabling) as I couldn't let me machine go to sleep. But I also have quite a few other problems like missing icons on newly installed apps (I filled a bug for F16) or missing icons in the notification area, all those which never occurred on my old hardware.

Fred