Re: Bad coding practices in Fedora packages

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Nathanael D. Noblet <nathanael@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/03/2012 02:00 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
>>
>> I feel like I'm the only Fedora user on the planet who actually does
>> like desktop search.  I love that I can press ALT+F2 and play a movie
>> or e-mail somebody just as easily as I've always opened programs from
>> there.  IMHO, it beats trawling through even the most well organized
>> directory structure.
>

> Are there docs somewhere that tell me I can do this via alt-f2? The only
> thing I've ever used that for is to restart gnome-shell when the CPU hits
> 100% for one reason or another... I'd like to see other uses but wasn't
> aware of it other than to start apps...

I was talking about KDE's KRunner.  I'm pretty sure GNOME's ALT+F2
just does applications.  But I've never used GNOME 3, so I could be
wrong.

There are a number of applications that provide similar functionality
on GNOME.  I think GNOME Do [1] ("gnome-do" in the repos) is the one I
hear the most about.

-T.C.

[1] http://do.davebsd.com/