Re: A Glorious Vision of Our Shared Update Feedback Future (bodhi, karma, and proventesters, oh my)

On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 21:58 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> With the above information what benefits/value will we have by having
> proven tester over fas tester hitting the panic button
> ( since no addinal testing is being performed by the proven tester over
> fas-tester thus it makes no difference if fas-tester or proven tester
> hits the panic button)

The proposal is to treat a PT hitting the panic button even more
dramatically than a registered user hitting it, the idea being that PTs
should be somewhat better informed and hence less likely to trigger it
falsely, and that we have the mechanism to withdraw PT privileges, so if
a PT does trigger, say, two false alarms, we can simply make them not a
PT any more. It's much more of a drastic step to revoke someone's FAS
account.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey