Re: systemd: Is it wrong?

Once upon a time, drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> Do you configure your webbrowser by passing command line arguments
> and/or editing its source code?

As a matter of fact, I do use command line arguments to my web browser.
I have several different Firefox profiles set up (regular use, web dev,
clean for testing, etc.), so I modify the normal icon to add "-no-remote
-P regular".  I then start the others as needed from a command line
(changing "regular" to "dev" or "clean").

Anyway, comparing GUI applications to system daemons is not a valid
comparison.  GUI apps are generally designed to be started with a click,
not a command line.  System daemons are generally designed to be started
from a script (since that's the way they've been started since day 1).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>