Re: systemd: Is it wrong?

Once upon a time, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> These scripts don't sanitise input beforehand. What happens if I'm
> logged in as root, change IFS and then do /etc/init.d/nfs restart? Using
> shell scripts for this is just a bad idea.

Please cite how many BZs there have been about root doing this.  Oh
wait, there aren't any, are there?

If root decides to shoot themselves in the foot, they're going to find a
way.  That is again an argument at the extreme theoretical end of
possibility and not the common case.  You are just making !$#@ up now;
you have yet to come up with legitimate technical arguments.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>