Re: GNOME3 and au revoir WAS: systemd: please stop trying to take over the world :)

> On 06/17/2011 03:50 PM, Henrik Wejdmark wrote:
> > On my desktop it's not on "one" page, it's a mile long listing so you get no
> > overview at all. In Gnome2 at least all the apps are categorized. If the
> > graphical user interface _requires_ you to use the keyboard to type the
> > command it has failed it's task and we might as well go back to bash.
>
> GNOME 3 menu has categories in the right as well but in any case,  the
> common apps are in the dash and using a keyboard with a search as you
> type interface isn't the same as using bash.  Let us not be dramatic.
>
> Rahul

Considering the frequent calls of "Gnome 3 has failed at its task" or
the "GUI has failed if the user must ____" makes me wonder: Where is the
task definition or specification against which the implementation has
failed?

"Doesn't live up to my expectation" is very different from "Doesn't
comply with spec" and both are different from "Is a bad design".