Re: [FHS] helper scripts location

Le vendredi 10 juin 2011 Ã 21:23 +0200, HaÃkel GuÃmar a Ãcrit :

> I spent some time yesterday talking with opensuse guys on irc, since
> /usr/libexec has not been blessed by FHS, they won't move helpers from
> /usr/lib which is FHS-compliant location.
> I think that packaging guidelines should clarify this point, either we
> enforce the use of /usr/libexec (and current packages should be fixed)
> or we explicitely allow /usr/lib and/or /usr/share for helpers.

Or better, since the FHS  process has been re-started, people that feel
strongly about something not covered by the current FHS version should
just make the effort to push the changes they want in the next FHS
revision.

This way everyone else can just continue to require strict FHS
compliance and not bother with special not-really-documented exceptions

--
Nicolas Mailhot