Re: Is there any value to per-Fedora branch ACLs?

On 12/07/2010 02:25 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> To properly display the state of the package in PackageDB. E.g. if a
> package has different owners in different releases, it is more clear who
> is responsible. E.g. sometimes packages are faded out from Fedora and
> therefore orphaned in devel, but not in the stable releases. If there is
> only one Owner for all Fedora releases, this cannot be modeled.  It
> might also happen that a package was orphaned for all releases but is
> only unorphaned for newer ones like devel. And I guess it might also
> happen that maintainership is passed for packages only for e.g. devel
> but not the stable releases from one maintainer to another.

But what practical purpose does this serve?  If bug is filed, the right
person will be assigned or on the CC list.  If email is sent to
<pkg>-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx then the right person would get the email.

As for orphaning that's an interesting thing to think about.

As for maintainership passing, is there any practical reason to have
different maintainers per branch?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!