Re: The slip down memory lane

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 02:10:16PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> As I mentioned briefly on IRC, I think the problem is that we're kinda
> stuck between two models:

[snip]

> For instance, right now, according to the Ideal Plan, everyone should
> have started on their Big Plans for F15 in Rawhide and should be
> committing the really big changes from now forward. Is anyone actually
> at that point? If not, then we're just going to go through the same
> cycle for F15-F16 because people will start their work for F15 after F14
> is done, realize there isn't enough time to get it done before Alpha
> freeze, keep working on it through Alpha freeze and Beta even, and not
> have time to start their big changes for F16 before F15 is nearly
> done...and so on ad infinitum. It may be a bit of a tough cycle to
> break.

I've been trying to get python3 --with-computed-gotos working in
rawhide-only.  But I'm hampered by the fact that gcc with fixes for an ICE
hasn't been built for F15 (and hasn't been pushed to stable for F14 so it's
not inherited).

dmalcolm is working on getting python-3.2 into rawhide but I don't think
it's been pushed yet.

So, on the whole, I agree with you.  My only question is whether we're in
a transitional period or if the culture is changing so slowly that we'll
never get out of this treatment of our time resources.

-Toshio