Re: dist-git tag question

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> the plan is to have something watching for successful builds and to apply
> a tag to git then. We don't currently have that piece yet

Then why was dist-git brought live without this ESSENTIAL component?

Why did we have to rush migration to buggy (see all the complaints about
fedora-packager/fedpkg bugs) and incomplete infrastructure? New
infrastructure should first be COMPLETED before it is migrated to. I see no
reason why the switchover to git couldn't have waited until later (say,
after the F14 release), with the missing pieces in place.

And once that component is in place, will it also retroactively tag git for
all the builds that are happening now or will we be stuck with builds
without a matching named tag in the repo forever?

        Kevin Kofler