Re: Is PulseAudio dead?

On Mon, 02.08.10 16:01, Carl G. (carl.gaudreault@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Sure, i'm willing to _try_ to help if we
> can get Lennart to participate and/or pulseaudio experts to assist
> us.
>
> Pulseaudio is currently marked as "Only for PA experts" here
> :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers
>
> I'll
> have to get a reasonable level of knowledge concerning Pulseaudio
> though.

Well, merging these bugs is not easy. You really need to know what you
are doing. abrt is already good enough to merge the most obvious cases
of duplicate bugs based on the backtrace. But merging everything that
went past abrtd requires the reader to really understand what the
backtrace means, and possibly even know the source code a bit. While
you don't really need to be a guru-level PA hacker for this, this is
nothing you can just do in a spare half an hour or so.

If it was just half an hour for me, then I'd already have done it
myself... ;-)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.