Re: jack2

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> For F-13 it may be a little late. So shall we make this an F-14 target?
> I see new commit to the koji. Thanks for working on jack2, but the

No problem. Although I was the one collecting the pieces, it was
rather a collective work. Thanks to everyone who is involved. We need
to do some testing now, and clean up the glitches before F-14.

> question is why the package name is jack-audio-connection-kit? As far
> as I know the package name should be derived from the main tarball
> name.

I thought about doing that once. Jack1's and jack2's source codes are
distributed on the same website [1],  We know that JACK stands for
Jack-Audio-Connection-Kit.  So there shouldn't be any confusion.

Sadly, there is no unique agreement on the package name across
distribution. As far as I know, we were the only distro distributing
jack1 under the full name "jack-audio-connection-kit". There is also a
very different project called jack [2], although we don't have it on
Fedora. This adds more to the subtlety as Mandriva distributes this
jack as just "jack".

What do other maintainers think?

Orcan

[1] http://jackaudio.org/download