Re: [HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

On Thu, 15.07.10 01:58, James Antill (james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>  Sure, but this is not a case of you having to decide between "do the
> old thing forever" or "break it now".

Well the way I like to think of this is that Upstart already started the
work for us to make inittab obsolete and in fact succeeded in obseleting
almost all contents of it. And that happened some releases ago when
upstart was adopted. And now, after waiting those releases it is time to
let go the one remaining option as well.

You are asking to keep it around for a few more releases, that's the
only difference in argumentation i see here. And I guess we just have to
agree to disagree on how many releases this should be supported still.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.