Re: [HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:30:44 +0200
Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, if this is all this is about then I wonder why this is there
> anyway? If no gdm is installed, then runlevel 5 and 3 should be
> identical anyway, so what's the point of fixing the default runlevel
> there?

Because you may have gdm installed and not wish to currently boot with
it? I just tried systemd on a test machine here... it came up fine, but
it started gdm, even though I normally don't want it to do so.

How can I tell systemd not to boot in graphical?

rm /etc/systemd/system/default.target
ln
-s /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target

?

Perhaps someone could put together a wiki page for lazy sysadmins with
a Q&A? ie, I used to do this in upstart/sysvinit, how do I do it with
systemd?

Anyhow, the machine came up fine, so thats pretty nice compatibility
wise. ;)

kevin