Re: [HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

On Wed, 14.07.10 15:23, Daniel J Walsh (dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > And stuff like this. And of course this is just cleaner this way, since
> > the files in /var/run and /var/lock are runtime objects that are used
> > for synchronization and establishment of communication channels
> > only. They happen to live in the file system namespace because that is
> > how Unix works, but there is really no point at all to ever write them
> > to disk.
> >
> > Lennart
> >
> Ok that is what I thought, I was just wondering if there was some
> magical boot speedup.  I also run with /tmp as a tmpfs for a lot of the
> same reasons.

Well, there might be some speed ups, because we never have to spawn a
process for rm -rf on the contents of /var/run and /var/lock. But those
are certainly more in the range of "neglible" than in the range of
"magical". ;-)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.