Re: depcheck test (was Re: measuring success)

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 03:55:46PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> This patch looks good at a first glance -- it's pretty much exactly what
> I was planning to do.  The only tweak that is needed is to ensure that
> anonymous people can't pretend to be AutoQA:
>
> -            if comment.author == "autoqa":
> +            if not comment.anonymous and comment.author == "autoqa":

Yes, I thought about this later, too and forgot it again. But now I also
remembered a second issue. If autoqa uses -1 comments to indicate that
an update is not approved (anymore), then it must use +1 comments to
indicate that they are approved (again) to not influence the karma.

> This patch, along with my critpath/nofrozenrawhide/epel changes, avoid
> making database schema changes to bodhi.  This makes it very easy to
> perform upgrades.  For the TurboGears2 port of bodhi that is underway,
> these flags should definitely be proper columns in the db model.
> Another benefit of the TG2 port is we will be able to utilize the
> SQLAlchemy migration tools, which will allow us to change the schema as
> we need to, instead of hacking together these "path of least resistance"
> changes.

How long do think it will take till the TG2 port is ready? In the git
tg2 branch there has not been any activity since February. If it is a
very long term project, it might still be useful to keep the old bodhi
code cleaner for easier maintenance.

> Thank you for all of your help with Bodhi, Till.  Your work is much
> appreciated.

Thank you, too.

Regards
Till