Re: who is Petr Pisar from redhat ?

On 07/02/2010 06:43 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On 7/2/10 9:18 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> I had to apply and justify the reasons why I wanted to be a
>> I know you did, but the Petr's did not. Their presumable supervisor @RH
>> (Marcella) rushed them through the process and they had been granted
>> access to several 100 package.
>
> The Petrs were not applying for provenpackager.
True.

They actually wanted "perl-sig" access, which current is technically
impossible, because the Fedora's packager infrastructure doesn't support
"groups". Instead they had applied for "full access" to all
"perl-related packages" and had been granted it.

>  Being @RH had absolutely no play in this.
As I already said, my view differs.

>> I am not talking about conspiracy, I am talking about double standards.
>>
>> What would do if "John Doe" would apply for proven packager and write
>> access to 1500 packages?
>>
>> Seriously, you'd likely tell him he's nuts.
>
> Bad analogy.
Correct, I was incorrect in using the provenpackager, here. Scratch it,
the rest of the anology still applies.

Ralf