Re: concept of package "ownership"

David Woodhouse wrote:
> In the old days of RHL and beehive, I think we had it about right...
> with the obvious exception that it was Red Hat only, but the attitude to
> packaging was right, IMHO. There _was_ someone who knew most about a
> package and was expected to deal with it most of the time, but it was
> also perfectly reasonable for other people to work on the packages too.
>
> Fedora seems to have regressed a lot in that respect, although it did
> improve after we started approving ProvenPackagers.

But the official provenpackager policy is way too restrictive on allowed
changes, so I'm often left wondering "Will I get away with doing that
change?", and several times, I have to err on the side of caution, wasting
both my and the maintainer's time by filing bugs etc. when I could just fix
the issue.

        Kevin Kofler