Re: Bodhi 0.7.5 release

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:38:03 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see that libtiff.fc13 and libpng.fc13 are now showing "critical path
> approved", for which I thank those who did the work.

Thanks. ;)

>  I remain a bit
> unclear about a couple of things:
>
> 1. Bodhi is showing both packages as requested push-to-stable.  Which
> *I* certainly didn't do, and considering they are only at +2 karma,
> this means that the threshold for auto-push is actually lower than it
> was before, not higher.  WTF?  Is the idea here to remove every last
> vestige of the maintainer's judgment from the process?

No. Please stop assuming everything in a negative light. ;)

This looks like a bug to me... if you didn't request stable, it
shouldn't go yet. I can talk to Luke about it, perhaps you could file a
bodhi bug on it?

> 2. libtiff.fc12 and libpng.fc12 are still lonely with zero karma.  Is
> the restrictive policy in force for F-12 too?  I'm even less willing
> to believe that we have enough testing manpower to cover both back
> branches right away.

Yes, it does appear to be there as well.

I am just ramping up my f12 test machine now... but yeah, it's not
clear that we intended this to go live for f12 too. ;(

kevin