Re: Res: Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 05:01 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> You are presuming a bug
> * affects many people
> * is reproducable by many people
> * has "user visible" impacts
> * users are volunteering to provide feedback
>
> These presumptions are all wrong and do not apply.

In many cases these do apply.  I participate in cases such as this
nearly every day, and it's working.  We're testing fixes, rejecting bad
ones, and getting the right builds into stable.  The system is working,
but as we all know, no system is perfect.  However perfect is the enemy
of good.  We can't take the position of "karma isn't the perfect
solution to every update, therefor we should do away with testing all
together".

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!