Re: Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Orion Poplawski wrote:

> On 3/14/2010 10:50 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>
>>> So the right solution is to let you do your own disruptive changes in
>>> stable so you don't have to deal with other people disruptive changes in
>>> rawhide?
>>>
>> "My" changes, or really KDE SIG's changes, are NOT disruptive.
>>
> I fee that they have been for me.  I manage a small shop of some 20 or
> so linux users and every KDE update (even minor ones often) brings up
> some quirk that I have to track down or change that the user has to get
> used to.  Rarely disastrous, but annoying and distracting from other
> tasks.  Is this "disruptive"?

Feedback like this is valuable.

Please share the details of any/all specific instances, I'd like to compile
and document (and bugzilla when appropriate) everything for both our own and
(kde) upstream use.  I'd prefer it happened outside of this thread, though.
(perhaps on our kde list?).

-- Rex