Re: Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

> I think that new versions should, as a general rule, be pushed, unless there
> is a good reason NOT to push a particular new version (feature regressions,
> known unfixed new bugs as found during testing, requires manual
> intervention, breaks compatibility with existing user data etc.). (And of
> course, if there are such reasons, the update MUST NOT be pushed. That's
> what distinguishes the updates from Rawhide, and it's an important
> distinction, because it defines stability from the user's point of view.)

Fundamental point of view difference.  You take the point of view of
push everything all the time /unless/ there is a good enough reason not
to.

Others take the point of view of not updating anything unless there is a
good enough reason /to/.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!