Re: Proposed udpates policy change

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 18:45 -0500, Steven M. Parrish wrote:
> As a maintainer I have seen several of my packages sit in updates testing for
> over 2 weeks with no comments and no karma.  In fact they sat so long I got
> nag mail about not pushing them.  Requiring a karma of +3 to push is just not
> going to work by itself.  If anything it should be 'An update cannot be pushed
> to stable until either it reaches a Karma of +3 or it has been in updates
> testing for 14 days with no negative karma."

There is a chicken/egg problem here.  Karma isn't required, ergo it
doesn't happen.  If karma is required, we might see an increase in karma
registered, as well as an uptick in tools development to help provide
karma (we're already seeing this in F13, one could conclude that part of
that is because karma is required for critpath packages).

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!