Re: ABRT unusable again

On 02/08/2010 05:36 PM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

Michael Schwendt<mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx>  writes:

I believe ABRT shouldn't file a bug report unless it is filled in
properly.

Yeah, some of us have pointed out that before.
I'm happy about every detailed backtrace I get, but I would be even more
happy if users contributed a tiny bit more and added comments to their
tickets and responded to NEEDINFO queries and gave feedback on Test
Updates. [...]

How much more useful would it be if ABRT had a mode where executables
that recently reported crashes are subsequently/temporarily run with
syscall tracing in the background, so that if they crash again, then
recent process syscall history can also be optionally included in an
ABRT report?  This would not be hard to do with e.g. systemtap.

- FChE

Such log would be nice, but it might take some time (even days) before the app crashes again and I can imagine that could generate quite a large log :-/ Maybe if it would store just last few syscalls...

J.
begin:vcard
fn:Jiri Moskovcak
n:Moskovcak;Jiri