Re: CPAN spec file generator needs testing, feedback

Alan wrote:

I will have to test this against some of the corner cases I know of. There are some packages that do not demand certain modules be installed,
but really need them anyways. (At least one of the RPM packages have
dependencies on a couple of things that are needed to make them useful,
yet they are not hard dependencies in the code.)

Such packages should have explicit Requires and possibly comments within the .spec file why they were added. Explicit definitions should improve reproducibility, which is one type of "stability" in the distribution.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx