Re: abrt and bugzilla

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christoph Wickert" <christoph.wickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Development discussions related to Fedora" <fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:25 AM
Subject: Re: abrt and bugzilla

Am Freitag, den 20.11.2009, 23:05 +0000 schrieb Colin Walters:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:
>> In an anonymous crash system, there should be a "promote to bugzilla"
>> link, where people could comment.
>
> And how would you track down the original submitter if you need further
> information from him?

You don't; the submitter of course should get a link to their crash
report, and can perform the bugzilla promotion on their own if they
have more to add.

From my experience they don't have anything to add, not even a small
comment on what they were doing when the application crashed. This
should be mandatory in abrt.

I have many reports that even lack debuginfo and even if I tell users
how to install it manually, I don't get a response. From now on I will
set all these bugs to NEEDINFO REPORTER and if I don't hear back from
them within 4 weeks, close their reports. I'm sure this is not how it's
supposed to work because it's not fruitful and nether the maintainers
nor the reporters are happy.

Regards,
Christoph

well, abrt just pops up and sends a report without user control, the user maybe doing nothing and a app crashes and a report is generated. If you can't solve the problem from the report generated then remove the automatic bug reporting app and save everybody headaches. I upgraded my system for test and probably the reports that are generated are because of conflicts from old packages with packages in f12