Re: Do we need split media CDs for F12?

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:11:11 -0700, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 01:01 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> The question is not *if* Fedora Unity would take on that burden, the
>> question is whether upstream will let us.
>
> Upstream accepts reasonable patches.  It happens all the time.  Of
> course, what also happens all the time is multiple attempts to get the
> patches right and a lot of back and forth between the patch submitter
> and upstream, until consensus on the patch is reached.  This also
> happens within the people with commit access.  It's just like any other
> upstream.

Dear Jesse,

you yourself do not accept patches beyond what you then, at that moment,
think are applicable use-cases of Fedora Project Release Engineering only
to work something up yourself two weeks later.

We've also seen upstream reject very reasonable patches -that were in the
upstream repo already, authored by @redhat.com of course- be cherry-picked
to another branch for whatever reason I've offered to help with (some QA
concerns for one).

-Jeroen