Re: Do we need split media CDs for F12?

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 08:04 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Fedora Project decides to not ship
split media anymore, will do it, regardless of how valuable you or anyone
else outside Fedora Unity thinks it is.

And this is what pisses me off, and why I say you're holding us hostage.
Whether or not it is a good idea to continue to produce them, you don't
care, you're just going to do it anyway.  Great way to run a project.

Jesse,
 as a general rule I'd agree with you but a couple of problems:

1. we're going to need split media for dvds - we're SOL there anyway - so the code will need to live on.

2. Fedora unity can run their ship the way they want. They're not holding anyone hostage - if there is code that the anaconda/createrepo/etc devs want to put a bullet in those devs will do it. No one is blocking b/c of any choices made by any external projects unless the devs themselves choose to make it a blocker.

I think everyone needs to take a breather here.

-sv