Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

On Tue, 19 May 2009, alcapcom wrote:

2009/5/18 Björn Persson <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
To me it would seem more reasonable to install the flags by default. Then the
anti-whatever extremists could just remove them, and the more relaxed among
us would see the user interface the way the authors intended without jumping
through additional hoops.

+1

But I will try to say it in another way.

Unfortunate peoples that live in countries where a _simple_ flag can
give troubles for whatever cause/reason, can remove them all to be
able to use Fedora. But please, don't cut our freedom just to be more
friendly with authoritarian regimes.

What if a non-authoritarian regime didn't want us to distribute a flag that was offensive to their democratically-empowered populace? Would that be okay then?

the whole reason for nuking the set of flags entirely is so we are NOT choosing sides.

-sv