Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
The important thing is that this removal can create problems for new user of Linux. Why should we learn them to restart the whole machine when it is not needed, and even may create extra data loss, and even problems with the file system.

It occurs to me... has anyone considered that we are teaching users that GNU/Linux is just as bad as Windows with this change?

It used to be: no, no, this is *GNU/Linux*! An X crash isn't the total system failure it is in Windows, just hit c-a-bs and you're instantly back at your login.

Now we're making X problems into: yeah, you have to reboot, wait for the system to come back... oh, and wait for it to run scandi^Wfsck (and better pray the FS didn't get hosed)...

So much for GNU/Linux being better than Windows.

--
Matthew
Here endeth the rant... which I realize is not likely to Win Friends or Influence People, especially the person to whom it was directed.