Re: Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Adam Williamson said the following on 03/11/2009 07:32 AM Pacific Time:

There are still two components that are going to remain proprietary as part of Canonical "secret sauce" business model but maybe can just replace that for our needs and of course Launchpad will probably be stuck with bzr while we need to support other SCM's as well.

Yes. There are bad implementation details in Launchpad for sure. I was
more viewing it as a good model of the things that Bugzilla really
doesn't do well - tracking bugs across different projects, and managing
multiple releases of a distribution (since it wasn't designed to do
either of those).

The guided process process of filing new bugs in Launchpad is extremely smooth and user friendly--no comparison to all the fields you have to manually select and scroll from in bugzilla. Before filing my bug it also prompted me with a listing of existing bugs to see if my issue already existed--a very useful way to catch and reduce duplicates.

I've only filed one bug at Launchpad. It was for an upstream project that lives there and I was given a direct URL to it by the maintainer so maybe my experience is not representative of most.

John