Re: Validity of the CD size limit nowadays [Re: Features/ArchitectureSupport - changing what we build for]

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 18:10:32 -0600,
  Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ahem. Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies.

Why not format it ext2/3/4? ;-) That's what I did (and went on to use the same stick to install Cambridge on my Asus).

Because then it can't be used to transfer files to and from windows systems
without booting from it.

"windows systems"? What are those? ;-)

(I could also ask why you'd ever want to use such a system /without/ booting it from the stick so that you have a real OS :-), but I concede that if you have to deal with such, then needing to install a 'doze extX driver can be annoying.)

--
Matthew
"Let's call it an accidental feature." -- Larry Wall