Re: Lack of update information

Julian Sikorski wrote:

While I'm always trying to be precise in my update notes, I only
maintain a handful of packages. I can understand how putting verbose
update notes can be a daunting task. Also, what's the problem of going
to upstream website to check what changed in 2.16.2?

Problem is finding out such information. It isn't easy at all for end users to do and sometimes doesn't exist in the upstream website. It would be very useful if package maintainers spend a little bit more time including more complete descriptions in the updates. Note that, I am referring here to description that is part of bodhi update and not the changelog which can be very brief.

Rahul