Re: [QA] To clone or not to clone ( a bug report ) that's the question...

Kevin Kofler wrote:
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
Testers need training guidelines and policies to work by, a proper "work
flow" and if the responses to every matter are going to be like this one I
simply cut out the inefficient process.

The "inefficient process" is required to achieve a solution which actually
SATISFIES everybody rather than somebody's arbitrary decision.

A solution to this has been proposed and been added here https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/5
I will write those guidelines policy and provide testers with a decent
work flow.

With what authority?

With mine and QA authority and let's time I checked I had the free will to write whatever I felt like
under my space on the wiki which I have I done ..

For example the new QA wiki page this as been approved on the QA meeting.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA

Here's a suggestion for components layout on the QA Namespace and yes this means that there will be a similar page that needs to be created for each component in Fedora

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA/file-roller

Here's another one  ( This one waits Haralds approval )

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/Draft/QA/Test_Days/Features/20SecondStartup

Here you can see I layout I suggested for Gnome Desktop

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop/Testing

And more on the way..

We might even rewrite things to be coming more closer to what's being done on ltp.sf.net

Anyone that opposes anything in that guideline can than pick out
questionable issues , make them to a topic on this list or ask FESCo to
address those issue(s) in their meetings.

In fact I ask this to be escalated to FESCo right NOW and to get a clear
statement that you aren't allowed to unilaterally decide on a policy for
the entire project. This is not Guðmundssonix, it's Fedora!

Since when did I say that that I was Fedora?

There will be no time "pressure" matter since the guideline has already
been written and made

With what authority?

See above.

Dont worry you can bother yourself with writing your own proper testing/test pages for your own components.

Looking forward to see them.

JBG