Re: Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

That wasn't my question. My question is why not just use RHEL or CentOS if you just going to duplicate the same stream of updates for Fedora as well? It just seems busy work for no benefit.

That's precisely what I want to end up doing, but without the disruptive need to re-install and figure out what all those differences you are describing as problems are. And I'd rather not wait until the Centos release to start planning local development. I suspect many others have a similar development cycle and need about as much time as fedora itself to arrive at something suitable for another long-term starting point.

So, the question is whether someone who understands all the internals can plan a clean transition path and do it once, or whether every end user that needs stability has to muddle through it separately.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx